The Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) recognized dozens of exceptional members at the annual Accolade Awards ceremony held near Orillia last week.
OPP Accolade Awards are presented each year to OPP uniform, civilian and auxiliary members who have distinguished themselves with their outstanding service.
These members are nominated by their peers or supervisors, and the winners (comprised of individuals and teams) are selected by a panel of reviewers from various ranks.
The 2019 Accolade Award recipients are:
• Officer of the Year – Detective Constable Darlene Pyke
• Civilian of the Year – Ms. Michelyne Kelly
• Auxiliary Member of the Year – Auxiliary Constable Billy John Cooper
• Jim Potts Award – North East Region Provincial Liaison Team
• Valuing & Supporting People – Ms. Susan Brooks
• Enforcement – Sergeant Kristopher Wood
• Investigations (Individual) – Detective Sergeant Andrew Taylor
• Investigations (Team) – Project Blackheath
• Innovation & Creativity – Special Constable Jeremy Dupuis
• Dedication – Sergeant Lorne Thompson
• Team Achievement – Project Westport
• Community Service – Staff Sergeant Wade Beebe
• Partnerships – Project Temora
Awards are issued in 12 categories, including Community Service, Investigations, Partnerships and Team Achievement. In cases where a winning team includes members from another law enforcement agency, those individuals are also included in the award.
The OPP has a long tradition of honouring its uniform, civilian and auxiliary members for their outstanding achievements via the Accolade Awards and other awards programs.
A video montage of highlights from the recent OPP Accolade Awards ceremony is available at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5MxjpZrsrM.