The strength of community is on full display at Trillium Health Partners (THP) as more than $5 million has now been raised in cash and in-kind donations to support the hospital’s fight against COVID-19.
Trillium Health Partners Foundation (THPF) and THP are very grateful for the rapid and generous community response that is enabling the hospital to provide exceptional care during the pandemic, while also supporting our frontline workers and health care providers.
Given the unbudgeted expenses incurred by the hospital to prepare for COVID-19, including to add intensive care beds, medical equipment, and the need for personal protective equipment (PPE), the Foundation called out to the community and the response was overwhelming.
Generosity by the numbers:
- $5 million raised in donations
- 10,000+ donors
- 900,000 Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) items such as masks, gloves, gowns
- 131,000 thoughtful gifts (snacks, personal care products, plants, etc.)
- 21,700 warm meals provided to hospital staff
- 21,000 gift cards
- 620 notes and signs of encouragement and support
- 100+ Handmade signs of support
- 13 celebrities offering encouragement and support such as frontline worker Puma shoe donation from R.J. Barrett, gift cards from players of the Toronto Maple Leafs, PPE from Former Blue Jay Dalton Pompey
- 6 Hospital drive-bys with more than 200 vehicles (first responders, day cares, Canada Post workers)
“There is profound gratitude that THP’s staff are on the frontlines caring for us during COVID-19,” said Caroline Riseboro, THPF President and CEO. “Our community members understood the depth of the need and stepped up quickly with remarkable generosity. Thank you all and know that your donations and gestures of encouragement are making a real difference.”
Gifts have been received from across Mississauga, west Toronto, Oakville, Brampton, Hamilton, Scarborough and Vaughan.
“The support from this community has lifted the spirits of our staff each day in the fight against COVID-19,” said Michelle DiEmanuele, President and CEO of THP. “COVID-19 has powerfully affirmed the strength of partnership. On behalf of all the staff, we thank you.”
As the pandemic goes on, the Foundation continues to seek donations to support the health and wellbeing of our frontline health care workers, maintain THP’s capacity to care for COVID-19 patients, and provide patient and family supports. To donate to the THP Foundation or to send good wishes to the hospital staff, visit trilliumgiving.ca/covid19/.