It’s time to start lacing up your running shoes and getting a good stretch in, because the City of Brampton, in partnership with Landmark Sport Group Inc., have announced the first-ever Brampton Half Marathon!
Taking place June 13-14, 2020, the Brampton Half Marathon will be a fun-filled weekend of events and activities starting with a Runners Expo on June 13. Runners will be able to visit exhibitor booths featuring sponsors, merchandise, running apparel and accessories, nutritional and fitness products, samples and much more.
The race begins on June 14, 2020 at 8:00am with runners having the option of a half marathon or 10k run. Mount Pleasant Village hosts both the start and finish lines where runners and spectators can take in the historic Canadian Pacific Railway station. A single loop course will take runners through the west end of the city with beautiful farmland along Heritage Road and Lionhead Golf
Participants are encouraged to fundraise and donate to any of the following eight local charities that have partnered with Brampton Half Marathon:
– Boys and Girls Club of Peel, www.bgcpeel.org
– Free For All Foundation, www.ffaf.ca
– Kay Blair Hospice
– Knights Table, www.knightstable.org
– Peel Children’s Aid Foundation, www.peelcaf.com
– Peel Region Chapter of Autism Ontario, www.autismontario.com/chapters/peel-region
– Seva Food Bank, www.sevafoodbank.com
– United Achievers’ Club of Brampton, www.unitedachieversclub.com
Individuals wishing to register for the marathon, or who are interested in volunteering, can do so online by visiting www.bramptonhalfmarathon.com. Online registration closes on Wednesday, June 10, 2020 at 5:00 pm. On-site registration will be available if the race has not reached capacity.